WYSIWYG Premium Shelf Rock- ARKPS-1 9.25lb
WYSIWYG PREMIUM SHELF ROCK. YOU ARE BUYING EXACTLY WHATS PICTURED
IMPORTANT: Do not remove established rock and replace with new dry rock right away or When established rock is removed so is beneficial bacteria. This can cause water parameters to become unstable, which can be harmful to aquarium livestock. To ensure a healthy transition always take some established rock out slowly and replace with dry rock over a 5-30 day period and monitor parameters throughout. This will give the beneficial bacteria time to establish in the new rock before the older established rock is removed. Best practice is to cycle the rock for 1 to 2 weeks before adding any life to the system.
This new base rock from Addictive Reef Keeping is professionally cleaned and dried to ensure no pesky hitchhikers, pests or algae are introduced into your saltwater aquarium. This dry rock is not man-made; it is real calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite we quarry in Florida, far away from living coral reefs. It is completely reef-safe and will not leach any undesirable contaminants into your delicate saltwater system. If you ordered colored rock then please also checkout our Touch Up Colorants for after you aquascape so you can cover up the white spots.
This dry rock is super porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to act as a biological filter to help maintain pristine water conditions in your tank. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST CYCLE THE ROCK BEFORE ADDING LIVE ANIMALS!!!
Reef aquarium hobbyists get more bang for their buck with high porous, low density aquarium rocks. You not only get more volume per pound, but fewer pounds are required to fill your aquarium compared to denser, heavier base rock for sale. Dry Reef Rock is a tremendous value, especially compared to live rock, since you do not have to pay for extra water weight and expedited shipping.
Also environmentally friendly because it?s harvested on land in Florida and only the best pieces are selected to sell for aquarium use. We handpick a variety of shapes and sizes to make aquascaping your reef tank fun and easy. Dry rock is full of nooks and crannies that offer great anchoring points for stacking rocks or placing coral frags. Aquarium Epoxy molds easily to the dry rock allowing you to create elaborate pillars, sturdy shelves, interesting overhangs and cool caves.
Using our Dry Rock guarantees unwanted hitchhikers will not enter your tank, which is commonplace with live rock. Having no detrimental and difficult-to-remove aiptasia and majano anemones, fire worms, flatworms, mantis shrimp and pyramidellid snails in your aquarium is a huge advantage that will save you time, money and stress during the life of your tank.
Our Dry Rock is available in many box sizes. We recommend 1 to 2 lbs. of rock per gallon of aquarium water. 1 pound per gallon for a open-water landscape with more space for your fish to swim. 2 pounds per gallon for a denser landscape so you can create more caves/crevices and more area to place your corals. Please note the photos displayed on our website are merely representative of the rock you will receive so the actual size, shape and appearance will vary with each order.
To seed your aquarium with beneficial bacteria, just place a separate piece of quality LIVE ROCK in your tank along with Dry Reef Rock or use a bacterial supplement to kickstart the cycling process. Soon your dry rock will be alive and beautiful!
- 100% natural calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite dry rock
- Safe for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems
- Guaranteed not to introduce undesirable hitchhikers, like algae and aiptasia
- Will not leach undesirable contaminants
- Harvested on land in a Florida rock quarry so no damage comes to natural coral reefs
- Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than live rock
- You get more volume per pound than live rock so less is required to aquascape your aquarium
- Natural pores aid in biological filtration, water circulation and provide hiding places for fish and invertebrate
- Easily stackable to create one-of-a-kind aquascapes that feature pillars, shelves, overhangs and caves
- The nooks and crannies in each rock make it easy to mount your favorite coral frags
- Available in many sizes
- Rock is weighed before shipment However, depending on rock size, density, original moisture content, etc. the total weight after delivery may be less in some cases.
- Due to the fragile nature of this rock, it is possible for the rock to break during shipment. We do our best to package the rock sufficiently to minimize damages. As UPS and Fedex does not consider this item insurable, we are unable to replace or refund damaged pieces. It is possible to attach multiple pieces together using aquarium epoxy in order to make large shelves or repair damaged rock.
There are no reviews yet.