50lb. ARK Coralline Aragonite Reef Sand – FINE Natural White/Pink Crushed Coral Sand FREE SHIPPING!!!
|87 lbs per cubic foot
This new Eco-Friendly Aragonite Sand with Coralline Colors from Addictive Reef Keeping’s Aquascaping Colors. The sand is professionally cleaned and dried to ensure no pesky hitchhikers, pests or algae are introduced into your saltwater aquarium. This Eco-Friendly Aragonite Sand is not man-made; it is real calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite we quarry in Florida, far away from living coral reefs. It is completely reef-safe and will not leach any undesirable contaminants into your delicate saltwater system.
The Eco-Friendly Aragonite Sand does not affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle and may therefore be added to new aquariums and established tanks alike. This dry rock is super porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to act as a biological filter to help maintain pristine water conditions in your tank.
Also environmentally friendly because it’s harvested on land in Florida and only the best pieces are selected to sell for aquarium use.
We recommend 1 to 2 lbs. of sand per gallon of aquarium water. 1 pound per gallon for a open-water landscape with more space for your fish to swim. 2 pounds per gallon for a denser landscape
- 100% natural calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite sand
- Safe for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems
- Guaranteed not to introduce undesirable hitchhikers, like algae and aiptasia
- Will not leach undesirable contaminants or affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle
- Harvested on land in a Florida rock quarry so no damage comes to natural coral reefs
- Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than live sand
- You get more volume per pound than live sand so less is required to fill your aquarium
- Natural pores aid in biological filtration