An algae scrubber is a water filtering device (not to be confused with a scrubber pad used to clean glass) which uses light to grow algae; in this process, undesirable chemicals are removed from the water. Algae scrubbers have allowed saltwater and freshwater aquarium and pond hobbyists the ability to operate their tanks the way that oceans and lakes operate: using natural filtration in the form of primary production.
Designed for tanks between 60-100g. 1/2” inlet and two 1/2” drains. Flow rate needed is 15-200gph
Algae Scrubbers are a great way to keep your aquarium clean and free of Un-Wanted Algae.
you can even use it solely for all you filtration for Freshwater and Saltwater.
All scrubbers come with a informational YouTube LInk to show setup and flow and lighting requirements.
1 Year warranty applies to any defects in materials or workmanship.
- Every 7 to 21 days, or
- When it is black, or
- When it fills up the scrubber, or
- When it starts letting go, or
- When nutrients start to rise in the water.
- Reduced Maintenance. Algae scrubbers reduce not only glass cleanings but also the frequency of water changes. The only thing you have to do is dose your tank.
- Cost. Algae scrubbers will pay for themselves in the first year. Reduced water changes=less salt. Also there is no need to run GFO as the algae scrubber does the same thing only naturally
- Peace of mind. Algae scrubbers will reduce your chance of tank crashes due to nutrient levels getting too high. The algae is always growing and removing harmful nutrients from you tank.
- Cleaner water. An algae scrubber in connection with a protein skimmer will produce some of the clearest water you’ve ever seen!
- Happier fish and corals. Using the same method that the ocean does will keep you fish and corals happy and colorful!